Kanye West says he is devastated by reports of Chris Brown’s alleged assault of girlfriend Rihanna.
West spoke to Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS-FM radio show Tuesday morning, stating that he was "completely devastated by the concept of what I heard". The rapper, who partied alongside the couple at Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party in L.A. on Saturday, learned the appalling news just prior to his performance of "American Boy" with Estelle during Sunday’s Grammy Awards, reports UsMagazine.com.
"I was completely devastated during the performance," West said. He went on to add that he knows Rihanna better than Brown, as he toured with the 20-year-old singer just last year during his Glow in the Dark tour. "Rihanna is so important to our culture ... to pop music," West continued. "I feel like she is the most important artist in music and has the most potential. Her taste level and her age ... she has the potential to be the greatest artist of all time."In that sense, I feel like that's my baby sis," he said of Rihanna. "I would do any and everything to help her in any situation". Avoiding specifics, West added, "All I want to say is, it's so devastating. Just as a person, I don't care how famous she is or even if she just worked at McDonald's ... [abuse] should never happen. It should never come to that place".

Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

0 comments

Post Your Comment (looking for the old comment form?)

Your Comments Here :

Related Articles


Related Article Widget by Hoctro